QUALCOMM Inc - (Freeware)
Manage all the tasks related to messaging with a highly regarded mail client software called Eudora.
Eudora is one of the best software for managing electronic mail as an alternative to Outlook. This client has very advanced filtering email functions. If desired, the application will alert you when an important message arrives in your mailbox. Eudora can manage multiple accounts and has a detailed address book and many other functions, including detection of particularly effective spam.
A great feature called " Bosswatch " allows to specify certain "sensitive" addresses (office colleagues, customers) and alert the user when to send an email to a list of recipients to which they belong. Eudore also includes support for encrypted S / MIME or improved performance mode IMAP messages.
The tool is demonstrated great efficiency because it traces the entire history of messages.
Includes Penelope version 0.5a3.
Using Thunderbird 3.0b2 source code.
See for details.
- Better way to remember the states of the folder and thread panes when
switching between message and mailbox tabs.
- Added the pref "penelope.attachments.detachOnDblClick" which controls whether
double-clicking on attachments detaches them from the message or just opens
them. It is on (true) by default. There's UI for it in the Penelope
- When pref for opening mailboxes in tabs is turned on, auto-open of mailboxes
will detect if the mailbox is already open in a tab and not open a new copy.
- Fixed bug where messages opened in tabs would not show the correct content if
the message pane was hidden in the folder view.
- Fixed the "important" tag from randomly appearing. This bug may still occur
to messages downloaded with Eudora 8 beta 5 or earlier. All messages
downloaded with Eudora 8 beta 6 or later should not see this problem.
- The Layout submenu in the View menu is now shown.
- Default pref to not show the about:rights notification bar.
- Changed the Archive menu item to use Ctrl/Cmd+ as a shortcut
instead of the plain "A" that Thunderbird uses.
- Now preventing auto-marked-as-read behavior when a message gets auto-selected
when switching tabs.
- Incorporated Add New Toolbar functionality in Formatting tab of the
Customize Toolbar dialog.
- Removed special toolbar items (separators, spaces, springs/flexible spaces)
from the Extras panel.
- Fixed bug where in a new installation you customize the toolbar and then hit
Cancel and the text on the toolbar buttons shows up.
- Customize Toolbar dialog now repositions when the toolbar changes.
- Fixed the auto-name filter feature when matching against tags.
- Fixed bug where attachments were not getting imported from Classic Mac Eudora.
- IMAP messages were getting expunged when they should not have.
- Longer line length for IMAP logging.
- Use of cmd+M to do a mail check improved.
- The pref directory for auto-saving attachments is now working.
- By default attachments are saved to the pref directory rather than asking for
a directory each time.
- Fixed some menu item conflicts which caused the Paste As Quotation menu item
to disappear from the Edit menu of composition windows. May also be the cause
of this bug:
- Removed phantom menu item in the Tools menu caused by id change.