Kenneth Skovhede - (Open Source)
As its name says, Duplicati makes a backup for the encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on cloud storage services and remote file servers.
Duplicati is a backup system that saves encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on cloud storage services and remote file servers. Depending on the configuration, it can automatically perform regular backups to different media just by specifying the source file, the backup destination and the time for the program to run automatically without any intervention.
It is compatible with Amazon S3, Windows Live SkyDrive, Google Docs, Rackspace Cloud Files and WebDAV protocols, SSH, FTP storage services, etc. Duplicati includes AES-256 and the GNU Privacy Guard software to sign backups and guarantee their authenticity encryption algorithm.
- We added support for long filenames under windows, so that you can now backup large hierachies of folders and files with lengths names.
- Duplicati now pauses when the computer wakes up from hibernation to give the system some time to calm down before the backup sources are parsed for changes.
- Symbolic links and NTFS junctions are now supported. In the advanced options under "symlink-policy" you can now specify how symboloc links are handled: store|follow|ignore.
- It is possible to exclude files based on their attributes. You can exclude e.g. hidden files or system files from your backup. The advanced option for this is called "exclude-files-attributes".
- VSS under Windows XP got a speed boost.
- The Tonido backend is now supported with the WebDAV backend.
- We also updated the German and French translations (French was broken in 1.3.2).
Fixed: German translation updated ( issue #657 ). We received a few improvements and added these now.
- Fixed: Unable to translate Unicode character uDC63 at index 72 to specified code page ( issue #480 )
- Fixed: Only single volume uploaded (introduced in build 1388 and fixed in r1437 and r1438), issue #692
- Fixed: Infinite number of empty volumes created if last file spans volumes (introduced in build 1348 by r1437), issue #693
- Fixed: workaround for crash that occurred after backups were completed (r1452)
- Fixed: handling of invalid file timestamps for S3 (r1450)
- Fixed: Upload issue with Google Drive ("Failed to upload file"), issue #637
- Fixed: Donation link lead to Danish page (r1388). This is now in English. Feel free to try that out and see if it stays English when you make a donation ;-) If you do not like Paypal, you can also send Bitcoin. Our wallet is 1ADgoUoE9uN725Ypeh9M9WTKFLJzfWWMBh