DC++ - (Open Source)
DC++ allows users to share over the Internet all kind of files or folders.
DC++ (Direct Connect) is a free client that uses the Direct Connect Peerâ€“toâ€“Peer network. With it user can exchange files with other network users via Internet with no restrictions or limits. Users are grouped into groups called Hubs. Each member of the Hub is able to share files with other members. The Forums are moderated by operators.
Allowing connection to multiple servers and a "global" research, it is one of the most used software in this field.
Having no advertisements, DC++ uses less memory and works pretty fast.
0.750 marks the moment where the migration to MinGW is mature enough to call DC++ a full MinGW compliant application. This release improves the program functionality and how it works on your system. Major enhancements include : openssl fix for older libraries, fixed major known crashes, updated help, minor GUI features, new interface for settings page, and the REF extension for NMDC and ADC that allow peers attacked by the CTM exploit(willingly or unwillingly) to find out the corrupted hub that is used for attacking.
Have fun using DC++ !
* [L#243727] "Merge results for the same file" check-box in search (poy)
* [L#306209] [ADC] Send only 5 results to passive users (thanks sulan)
* [L#300993] Status message when a download fails from search (poy)
* [L#264146] Fix the finished downloads check-box sometimes not appearing (poy)
* Remove unsightly border below tab headers (poy)
* Fix wrong mouse cursors (poy)
* [L#312946] Add possibility to recheck unfinished downloads (emtee, poy)
* Fixed lists being matched twice
* [L#206778] Searches and connection attempts go through the correct hub if possible
* [L#254191] Bzr revision in AboutBox
* Upgraded to OpenSSL 0.9.8j (poy)
* [L#256358] Fix multiple instances (poy)
* Fix encoding issues in translated help files (poy)
* Help updates (emtee, poy)
* [L#259100] Fix upload speed reporting
* [L#275588] Clean up whitespace before sending search
* [L#302376] Clickable paths in the system log window (thanks poy)
* [L#195047] Auto-resizable UI (arnetheduck, poy, emtee)
* Shell menus for multiple selections (poy)
* [L#256357] Fix painting issues (poy)
* Add hub closing confirmation dialog (poy)
* [L#324960] Make sure downloaded chunks are always saved (thanks emtee)
* [L#264479] Double-click on main status bar stats to open the network stats window (poy)
* Double-click on the "AWAY" indicator to switch away mode on/off (poy)
* Add "/dslots " chat command (thanks fusbar)
* [L#316475] Fix crash on decompression errors
* [L#317339] Fix round-off issue when segmented downloads are disabled
* [L#253702] Fix crash on too many connections
* [L#228582] Fix crash when dirs share virtual name
* [L#261618] Fix crash when finished transfers lists are too busy (poy)
* [L#316096] Send base hub address when connecting to other peers
* Fix errors and warnings when compiling with g++ (steven sheehy)
* [L#241995] Restore word selection in text-boxes on double-click (poy)
* [L#220499] Optionally use system paths for queue etc
* [L#300268] [ADC] Validate utf8 before processing messages
* Updated Polish, German, Finnish, Romanian, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese,
French, Bosnian, UK English, Hungarian, Korean, Serbian, Russian, Turkish,
Portuguese, Latvian, Bulgarian, Norwegian and Estonian translations (thank
you all translators)
* Added secure connection status to hub frame