Audacity Development Team - ( Open Source)
Audacity is a multi-track recorder able to handle full projects, and an audio editor.
Audacity is a free audio processing software that supports the following file formats: WAV, AIFF, OGG and MP3, applying many filters to sound: silence suppression, echo or add special effects, noise suppression, mixing, distortion, reverb, pitch bend / shift and more.
It can cut audio files, delete or add rests, apply fading in / out audio files and treat separately the left / right channels. The program offers unlimited undo number and also the possibility to convert the records and old tapes to digital media.
Thanks to the integrated editor, you also have the ability to copy, paste and mix sounds together to create multitrack projects.
* better user interface for Keyboard Preferences
* streamlining of several Menus
* LV2 now supported on all platforms, and improved VST settings interface
* translations updated, including adding Tamil language
* other improvements, including to import/export and ease of installation on Mac OS X
# Bug Fixes:
* user interface bug fixes to Region Restore, dragging selections, and many others
* effects bug fixes to add missing effects to Chains, fix accuracy of Analyze > Contrast, fix accuracy of Noise Removal attack and decay, and improve speed of Nyquist effects on OS X and Linux
* other bug fixes to Timeline after Loop Play, Transcription Toolbar, and Linux build issues