Audacity Development Team - (Open Source)
Audacity is a multi-track recorder able to handle full projects, and an audio editor.
Audacity is a free audio processing software that supports the following file formats: WAV, AIFF, OGG and MP3, applying many filters to sound: silence suppression, echo or add special effects, noise suppression, mixing, distortion, reverb, pitch bend / shift and more.
It can cut audio files, delete or add rests, apply fading in / out audio files and treat separately the left / right channels. The program offers unlimited undo number and also the possibility to convert the records and old tapes to digital media.
Thanks to the integrated editor, you also have the ability to copy, paste and mix sounds together to create multitrack projects.
# Bug fixes for:
* Imports and Exports:
- AAC files could not be exported at 48000 Hz
- When importing multiple native file formats using FFmpeg, all files after the first reverted to using the native importer
- FFmpeg custom export window too large on 800 x 600 resolution monitors
- Projects froze if files imported via On-Demand were no longer available
- (Linux) WAV/AIFF exports were corrupted if overwriting an aliased file which had been imported using the command line
- Cutting or deleting a region in the waveform and label track did not move the labels in advance of the cut
- Incorrect behavior snapping to labels and boundaries with Snap To enabled
- Labels can now be reversed if included with the audio selection using the command line
* Other bug fixes:
- When using non-English languages, Generate effects truncated the selected region
- Mice with high-precision scroll-wheels could cause a crash
- Changing recording preferences using the Transport menu did not update the menu in other open projects
- (Windows 7) Clicking in a file open or save dialog caused files or folders to disappear from the list, and file filtering was broken
# Changes and improvements:
- A hover tooltip is now provided if the Mixer Toolbar input selector cannot control the system slider for the selected input.
- More intuitive behavior when moving and resizing labels by dragging
- Support added for importing lists of files (LOF) containing relative paths
- Export Multiple: new option to use a numerical prefix before existing label or track names; "Success" dialog now resizable
- New Equalization preset "Inverse RIAA", with new button to invert other curves
- Timer Record now remembers last scheduled duration
- Meter Toolbar can now be made much narrower, and so more suitable for vertical orientation
- New Preferences choice for "System" language which is used on first run instead of asking user to choose language
- Warning now provided if WAV/AIFF exports are not successfully completed
- (Linux) Improved icon set in compliance with freedesktop.org Icon Theme Specification 0.6